January 24, 2016

Hey Southern Friends; Y'all Jealous Yet?

To all my friends and family living well in Yorktown and below - how's your weekend been? Bob, Owen and I have been snowed in since Friday afternoon.

What y'all up to? We've been shoveling, salting, and snow blowing for the past four hours. Officially we got 31" of the white stuff.

Yep, Blizzard Jonas is all anyone around here has talked about for the last week; we even have a channel showing 24/7 coverage. My diet has totally gone by the wayside (hello brownies); my laundry room is piled high with melting boots, scarfs, gloves and snow pants, and I figure school might be back in session by Thursday. Luckily, I stocked up on diet Coke before the deluge and my supply is holding strong.

Still, the snow is pretty, and we've had fun building a fort, sledding, snowball fighting and watching Owen trying mightily to move through the frozen tundra of our yard.

Tonight we'll be able to put on sweats and laze in front of the fire, watch some football, and look forward to sleeping in Monday.

Enjoy the pictures - and your snow free zone!











1 comment:

Maria said...


We are enjoying the snow too. Although Hannah hasn't braved the outdoors yet. I do have to say if this were a trend I would be in great shape. Nothing like the shoveling workout to get you going.