April 14, 2008

Time Goes So Fast




Today Owen is 21 months. Bob's happy because that's his "lucky" number; I'm a little sad because our baby is growing up so fast. Oh, it's always fun to see how he changes and all the new little things he does each day/week/month (today he discovered his pants have pockets and that he likes sharing licorice with Daddy). And of course we are thankful that he's growing and developing. But I'm always conscious of how fast this all goes - how soon he won't fit snugly in my lap or tolerate the hundreds of kisses I bestow on him daily.

So I concentrate on enjoying every minute of now. At least once a day I look at Owen and wonder again at the miracle of him, and how blessed I am to have the privilege of being his mom. And every night as I lay him in his crib and tell him I love him, he looks at me with those beautiful eyes and I feel exactly like I did the first time we saw him - that he was always, always meant to be our son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ORANGE PANTS.....what were you thinking ;-) I'm sorry I almost thought you were trying to get him to like Clemson colors... I would so have to kidnap him for that one. Aunt Audrey would not tolerate Clemson.

Susan C. said...

What I great post -- I feel the same way for you and Owen, and me and Jack. Aren't we the lucky mothers?!