May 9, 2008

Owen Update






In honor of Mother's Day Weekend (shouldn't it really be more than just one day??) I thought I'd do another Owen update ...

Owen's love affair with anything on wheels continues. He is always "driving" his cars/trucks/trains on the window ledges, across the couch cushions, and on the TV trays, usually accompanied by a "vroom, vroom" sound.

He loves the cats, likes to pet them and sit with them and kiss them, and he knows them by name. If I ask, "where's Ava?" he points to her, and so forth for all four cats (that's way better than most adults can do!)

Sometimes on our walks around the neighborhood he'll reach up for my hand and hold it for a few feet (or until he's distracted by a leaf, flower, bug or tree). So sweet.

At the playground he enjoys the slides, ramps and bouncy ride-ons, but he really likes to fit little pieces of wood chips through the drainage holes in the jungle gyms platforms. Our little engineer.

He continues to eat fruit like crazy, and he'll eat green beans (with a little ranch dipping sauce) and cherry tomatoes too. He likes crackers but not pretzels, M&M's but not marshmallows. And he likes to share my Strawberry Frosted Mini-Wheats.

Owen enjoys sitting at the kitchen table now; you can just see in his face that he thinks it's a big boy thing to do! Guess it's almost time to retire the high chair and get a booster chair.

Still no chatter box, but he's added a few interesting words to his repertoire lately, including Mama (finally!), purple, tractor, and seahorse.

When we get ready to go somewhere he'll go to the little chest where we keep his shoes, pick out a pair and bring them to me. Some days he chooses his sneakers and some days his Robeez, but he always gets two of the same.

The majority of time he eats (fingers, fork or spoon) with his left hand, but he will throw a ball, handle toys, and draw with either hand. So we still don't know if he's a leftie or a rightie. Or maybe he'll be ambidextrous like his Uncle Rich!

He's still as sweet as ever!

I'm looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day with my mom, and I'll be thinking of (and thankful for) all the great moms I know, including my mother-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, cousins, aunts and amazing friends. I love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great update! Have a very happy Mother's Day!