January 26, 2011

Reflecting

So there's snow on the ground, with more to come. No school, no where else to go. But the pantry is newly stocked, and Bob is home and preparing to get a fire started. It feels like the perfect day to snuggle with my guys and remember where we were four years ago.

Yesterday marks the anniversary of our first official visitation with Owen, but I think this day in 2007 was the first time I actually exhaled. And while I will readily admit that I doubted and struggled and questioned, when I held Owen in those early days it became very clear that God's plan was perfect all along.

January 26, 2007 - Kokshetau, Kazakhstan


January 26, 2011 - Westminster, Maryland


(I showed Owen the Kaz picture and asked him to make the same face - I think the result is pretty darn cute!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama is pretty darn cute too!

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love your haircut Jodi! Hugs! Erin

Nanny said...

What a beautiful reflection... we are all so thankful to God for the blessing that Owen is and has been in all of our lives.

What a neat picture, have to say 'Owen looks older and Mommy looks younger?' lots of love, Nanny

Susan C. said...

Love it.

Jodi said...

Thanks to Anonymous for that nice comment : )

Thank you Erin - although I have to admit at this point my hair is more "what am I going to do next" more than a style!!

Mom (Nanny) and Susan - thank you both, as always, for your love and support!

NANA said...

Don't know what to say. Everyone else has said it all beautifully. You know how we feel about Owen and the journey you and Bob took.

We are all blessed!! Love ya, MOM

Maureen Powers said...

I'm a little behind on this, but Happy Belated Meeting our Kokshetau Boys Anniversary!

Hugs to you all,
The Powers'