June 20, 2012

WILW - The Long Overdue Edition

Whew - I've been slacking! On posts in general, but especially on WILW! So, without further ado, an extra long "What I'm Loving Wednesday" edition for you ... feel free to join in and comment with any and everything you've loving!

Love, love, love that Owen and I got to spend last week in Sunset Beach, NC with my wonderful friends LeAnne and Kristi and the Kokshetau Kids! It's a bit hard for me to admit as a Jersey shore-raised child (Sea Isle City/Avalon/Stone Harbor only, nothing like that trash on MTV!!), but North Carolina really knows how to do beaches. We had a great time - a little mini golf, a little "mommy" shopping, and a lot of ice cream and cocktails.

And not only do the kids enjoy the trip, it's a real plus to have moms to talk to who get the whole adoption thing - the joys and the worries - and I love that Owen will grow up knowing he has friends who not only share similar stories but also a culture and birthplace. Good stuff.


So it's going to be 98 degrees and humid as all heck today, and I'm loving that I have a friend with a pool who is kind enough to invite us over (see you soon Kathy!!). I discovered this yummy Key Lime Pie frozen yogurt is pretty sweet to cool off with too!


I just love this bag. The shape, the colors, the "I just dropped my horse off at the stable" preppiness of it:


I love that I've been going back to the gym! Bob, Cearra and Dennis are all very good at working out and eating healthy, and they've inspired me. And yes, I love that my gym is housed in an old armory - I mean, shouldn't one always work out in a castle??


Love the beautiful birds painted by my even more beautiful sister-in-law Maria:


In summer I love to pile on a cool, casual mix of fun bracelets like these from American Eagle Outfitters. They're like friendship bracelets for grown-ups!



Speaking of, I'm loving that Owen is rocking some beachy bracelets too!


Loving that blueberries are buy one-get one free. Delish.


I'm loving that ... Cearra is home; Owen hasn't had any issues at all after his surgery and my Mom is doing well after her recent "tweak"; we have the Mechem Family Reunion and Kaufmann Family vacation coming up; the inpatients are looking good; research has shown dark chocolate helps your muscles recover from a workout; and as always, I'm loving hanging out with my very own Captain America!

No comments: