March 30, 2007

New Day ... New Friend





The "2007 Meet and Greet Tour" continues! Yes, we've been busy introducing Owen to our friends and neighbors and the last week has flown by.

My friend (and soon to be fellow adoptive mom!) Amy came to the house to visit last Friday. We had a great time chatting and playing with Owen; and hopefully I was able to share some Kaz wisdom with her along with the travel items I lent her. I know she and her husband Dave will have a wonderful trip and can't wait until they are home with their son and we can set up some play dates.

On Saturday our neighbor (and mom to 10 month old Garrett) Jill hosted March's Ladies Game Night - but made it a brunch so everyone could meet Owen. I was so touched that the neighborhood women wanted to come and I loved showing off Owen, who of course was all smiles because people were paying attention to him.

My dear friend Audrey and our god daughter Jenna stopped by Sunday after a trip to MD to see her family. They brought Owen the cutest bear that benefits the "Make A Wish" foundation. We are looking forward to visiting them in Virginia soon and introducing our little water lover to their pool!

Finally we wrapped up this leg of the tour with a visit to my friend Vicki's house and lunch at McDonald's with her and her daughter Lindsay.

We've also been to the playground with Kim, Casey and Emma; had a visit with Sherry (GiGi), taken walks around the neighborhood - loving this nice weather! - and completed a few more shopping excursions.

Owen is still doing great; although he often thinks that he doesn't need his naps! But he almost always sleeps through the night so I can't complain too much. He is so close to crawling - every time he is on his stomach now he gets up on hands and knees and rocks. That will add a whole new dimension to life (his and mine). And Uncle Rich ... he eats his Cheerios all by himself now and gets about 3 out of 5 into his mouth.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Little O brings smiles everywhere he goes! I enjoyed our time together and looking to the next visit. Bruce and I love the photo grouping picture of O and our furry friends, the candy was pretty good too! The amber cross means a lot to me thank you!

((((((Bear Hugs))))))

Sherry & Bruce