June 2, 2008

Of Projects and Proms







Last Thursday I got a call from a very excited Cearra, letting me know that she had just been awarded "Best Senior Project" for her work collecting and distributing care packages for the troops! The board that judged all the projects praised her initiative, determination, and positive impact on the community; as well as her oral and written presentation. I know that many of you reading generously contributed to her efforts and I thank you (she assures me notes will be in the mail shortly)!

Needless to say I was busting at the seams proud of her. Her voice barely contained the huge smile that I know lit up her face, and it was wonderful to hear Cearra so happy. Best of all was when she said "you and Dad have always told me that I don't give myself enough credit, and that I can do anything I set my mind to. Now I know that you were right!". Bob and I are so very grateful that Cearra will head into college this fall with a renewed sense of her abilities and the confidence to take on the world ... watch out world!

And so it was with high spirits that we drove to Virginia Beach on Friday to spend some time with her and see her off as she and Curt attended her senior prom. For this special night Cearra chose an elegant long black gown and vintage looking earrings (borrowed from me!). She was - as always - beautiful, and Curt looked dashing in his VMI uniform. They had a great night, and during our visit we all enjoyed the hospitality of our friends Amy & Jack, and Gary & Gail. The greatest blessings in life are truly family and friends.

We have a busy few weeks ahead - keep checking back for more updates and pictures!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cearra looks so elegant in her dress and Curt is very dashing in his cadet uniform. I hope they had a wonderful time. And a big old congrats to Miss C for her award!

Love,
Kris

Anonymous said...

Cearra has grown into such a beautiful lady, both inside and out. She and Curt look so elegant and grown up! Congrats to C on her award and on graduation. We are looking forward to seeing everyone soon. It's easy to see that Owen adores his big sister!

Love,
Uncle Rich & Aunt Cathy

Anonymous said...

Dearest Jodi and Bob, Thank you, thank you, thank you... For your years of sacrifice, encouragement and especially the unconditional love that you have 'instilled in' and so freely given Cearra. I know it is your responsibility as parents, but you have gone far beyond responsibility, you have modeled, in your life together, the character and integrity you expect of your children... and that model and expectation is now the reward you are beginning to experience.

Cearra is so beautiful and Kurt is the handsome gentleman she deserves by her side at her Senior Prom.

I love the pictures of Owen and Cearra. He's proud of his big sister too!

Love,
Nanny

Anonymous said...

Jodi,
I left a comment earlier, but it isn't here, so I'll try again. Thank you for the pictures. Cearra and Curt look so wonderful and Dad and I hope that they had a very special night. I especially like the picture where Owen and C are laughing together!! You and Bob have done a wonderful job of loving and raising a special girl and now you have expanded your family and it is so beautiful to see you all together. Can hardly wait to be with all of you in July for the celebrations of birthdays, accomplishments and FAMILY. Love to all of you. MOM

The Neeleys said...

I'm glad you put pictures up because MY OWN SISTER won't even send me any. Goooooosh. :)

I'm glad your earrings worked out for her - when she described them to me, they sounded perfect. Better than those paperweights from Forever 21!

Will you all be in VB for Cee's graduation? (I know that's a silly question, but I have to make sure.) If so, you will finally get to meet Cliff! We come in on the 13th and can't wait to watch the Princess graduate :)

Hope to see you soon!

-Kristine

Anonymous said...

Jodi & Bob,

You two have a beautiful family inside and out. The picture of Cearra and O really pulls on my heartstrings, there is no love like brother and sister love...

It is going to be hot one out there today and tomorrow, stay inside!

Hugs,

Sherry