August 11, 2008

Cute Pics - Cute "Owen-isms"






I often call Beamer "Bea-mie", so Owen calls her "Mee-mee".

After his earlier aversion, he now loves shoes - his own and ours. If I leave mine in the kitchen or family room he will bring them to me and hold them in front of my feet until I put them on (and then he'll clap). He even turns them the correct way and knows the right from the left.

Owen loves to give kisses to his stuffed animals - and have them kiss each other. He usually accompanies all this with a loud, smacking "mmm-waw" sound.

The other night he passed gas; then looked at me, smiled and said "stinky!"

Lucky for me, he doesn't mind having his nails trimmed. In fact, after I'm done he likes to take the clippers (safely closed) and do his own "touch-up".

Owen is the high-five king of Maryland. Everywhere we go, he walks up to people, little hand extended in a gesture of hope and expectation. Most folks smile and oblige him - after all how can you resist that face??

4 comments:

Susan C. said...

I love reading the updates on Owen, what he is up to and how he is growing. I swear him and Jack are so similar -- although Owen has Jack beat by knowing right vs. left on the shoes!

Anonymous said...

We love the updates! Owen looks so peaceful in Maria's lap. LLooks like Owen has taught his Uncle Todd his relaxation technique! Would't it be nice to be able to cut our toenails while standing up!?!
Have fun at the the beach.

Love,
Uncle Rich & Aunt Cathy

Anonymous said...

Jodi -
i'm crackin up at the similaries Owen and Tyus have, its gotta be ages/boys in general. Ty loves to walk in everyone elses shoes, especially his Dads, which we've managed to get a few pictures of. I'm guessing that the word "stinky" must be easy for them to say...LOL! Even the clipping his toenails...how funny! Its always so much fun to see Owen doing all of his favorite things. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Good for Owen knowing right from left! Take THAT to his pediatrician! :-) Great to see how he's growing up!