October 19, 2008

On This, Our Silk Anniversay


Bob and I have been through our share of bad times; but we've experienced many more moments of incredible joy together. There have been ups and downs, and I think as any "married" would tell you, it's not easy; it's not even always particularly fun. There are stresses and disagreements and misunderstandings. But in the end, I know it's worth fighting for.

Because this is the man who has stood beside me, encouraged me, tolerated me, laughed and cried with me. On the eve of my surgery he gave me a statue he had made with a plaque that read "True Champions Never Give Up". He's sent beautiful flowers; surprised me with gifts both silly and grand; made me smile with unexpected gestures (he once bought a CD I'd been wanting and loaded it in my car so that when I started off to work in the morning I was greeted by a favorite song).

But most of all, I love him because he has given me the two most precious things in my life ... Cearra and Owen. He shared his "princess" with me, then traveled halfway around the world to bring home our son. And he loves them both - and me - with a heart as generous and open as it is good.

Yeah, it's all worth it.

1 comment:

Maureen Powers said...

Congratulations, Bob and Jodi! Didn't realize your anniversary was so close to ours - we celebrated our Ivory Anniversary a couple of weeks ago. Blessings to you all, and hugs to Cearra and Owen for us.