September 1, 2009

School Days - Part I






Last Friday night we converged on Staunton, Virginia; Owen and I arriving first, Cearra traveling up from her mom's house, and Bob finally pulling in at midnight after working in a remote part of Maryland.

Saturday morning found us unloading unit 45B at the storage facility, and along with Cearra's roommate Jacqueline, J's parents and nephew, trudging an amazing assortment of clothes, shoes, fans, books, pictures, purses, toiletries - etc., etc. you get the picture - up to the third floor of Woodson Hall and Cearra and Jacqueline's room for the year.

Each time I visit Mary Baldwin I marvel aloud at the beauty of the campus, these stately old buildings nestled in the lush hills of the Shenandoah Valley. It really is a magical setting and I think Cearra is going to have a wonderful sophomore year.

After a nice lunch and trip to the bookstore (where just one of C's econ books cost more than $200 - ouch!!), Bob, Owen and I said our goodbyes with big hugs and just a few tears and started back to Westminster to await our next installment of school days ...

No comments: