August 10, 2011

WILW

So let's get back to WILW!

This week I'm especially loving that Bob's Aunt Chris came to visit! I've always really liked and respected Chris; she is smart and caring and funny and a wonderful mom (plus she never fails to tell me I'm a talented writer, so you know ...). We had such a great time talking and laughing. A super way to spend the day and another gentle reminder to me that it is a good thing to be open to others.

I'm also loving ...


sweet Remy cuddling with her (um, Owen's) teddy bear.


family craft day!


my African violets. I'm the only person I know capable of killing off knock-out roses, but my violets sure do blossom!


Nanny's annual tradition of painting Owen's favorite toy for his birthday. This year, it's Stonewall and Azer!

2 comments:

Nanny/Mom said...

I am especially loving this amazing, beautiful day, (reminds me of early Fall). Allen phoned and invited me to his farm for an impromptu picnic. We sat on a swing and cooked hot dogs over an open fire. The breeze was blowing (NO HUMIDITY) and we both decided we were 'richer' than anyone who thinks money is the only way to be happy. I also took the opportunity to take some 'natural nature' pictures to paint.
This is the kind of day that reminds me of how blessed my life is, what is really important, family and friends. And that I am retired, and have the time and good health to enjoy this wonderful creation.

NANA said...

Looks like we are getting back in the swing of WILW. I've had a busy day and I am loving that I am well and can do things like take a friend to lunch for her birthday, go to see the movie "The Help" with the Preserves "Girls" tonight and buy some cute clothes for my granddaughter, Sam's, sixth birthday. AND on top of that, it is a beautiful day!! MOM