March 25, 2013

Hold On



Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road 
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you’re not alone 
Cause I’m going to make this place your home
Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons 
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down 
If you get lost, you can always be found 
Just know you’re not alone 
Cause I’m going to make this place your home


In the days since Dennis' accident, I've learned I have to:

let go of anger and fear; they are poison to the soul.
realize that while life may never be the same, it doesn't mean that it won't be OK again. 
believe there will be more laughter, more time to make memories, more joy. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday.
realize the future may be hard to imagine but that doesn't mean it isn't there. And that how we choose to approach it makes a big difference in the view.
know that I can't do anything about what's to be, but I can do everything about how I "be".

And I've remembered once again that:

prayer is powerful.
strength doesn't mean not being scared; and it doesn't mean going it alone.
I am married to a good man; have a strong daughter; and a compassionate son; and amazing friends and family.

and that love is home. Love is everything.




2 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful, I'm sure this weekend was very hard. Love you!

MOM said...

Beautifully written, Jodi. I know how hard this experience is for everyone, but I also know that you have a strong constitution and a huge heart. Bob, Cearra and Owen are fortunate to have such a wise person in their midst now and in the future. We love you. MOM and DAD