February 17, 2014

Weekend Retreat

These women: strong, loyal, intelligent, loving.


This place: serene, beautiful, relaxing, attentive.


This weekend: an annual (when we are lucky) trip to celebrate our friendship, made possible by supportive husbands and my ever generous parents.


More than manicures, complimentary champagne and shopping - though we love all that too - this weekend with these women renews me, comforts me, cheers me.

We talk late into the night about our children (as all mothers do), about the unbreakable bond we share forever, and, in this safe environment we create for each other, about our hopes, fears, desires. Sometimes we cry, but more often we laugh; blessed by a friendship that makes each of us better.

Le Anne and Susan, I am forever grateful for the gift of your friendship!


1 comment:

Susan C. said...

As always - you summed it up better than I ever could! Can I lift your blog post onto my blog? :)

I love you and our friendship. Our weekends mean the world to me as well.