July 5, 2007

Happy Birthday Cearra!


Today our incredible daughter Cearra turns 17 ... where, oh where have the years gone? The first time I met her, she was a impish 3 year old in pink overalls and bouncing curls peering at me from behind her Daddy's legs. When Bob and I married she was a fun loving 6 year old who requested the "Macarena" at least five times at the reception and cried because she wanted to come on the honeymoon with us. Over the years we've celebrated her birthday with parties big and small; family and friends; and ice cream cake and Entenmann's raspberry twist danish (a special tradition for the three of us).

Now Cearra is a young woman of poise, grace and compassion. She is beautiful inside and out and we are so very proud of the person she has become. We know that her future is bright and we are so blessed to walk by her side through life.

Happy Birthday C - we love you so much!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that C is 17. Happy birthday to a caring and kind young woman who I am proud to call my friend and thrilled to call my niece.

love,
Kris

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to talk with Cearra yesterday morning and give her my own personal wish... Memories of her seemed to weave such a special day together. I couldn't be more proud of the beautiful, young lady she has become. On the other hand I was glad Bobby and Jodi had given me a sneak preview of the picture! WOW - if I step away from being 'Nanny' - 'gorgeous' is perhaps a better word to describe her. I am so thankful she is equally as 'gorgeous' on the inside.

Most evenings I spend with my father watching old musicals from the 20's, 30's and 40's, he often sings along with these songs that are so familar to him. When I saw Cearra's picture one of these songs came to mind "Have You Ever Seen A Dream Walking... Well I Have"
-I guess that sums up my feeling for Cearra this year on her 17th birthday.
With Loving Thoughts,
Nanny