January 11, 2008

A Cutie in the Curtains




Thanks for your comments, emails and phone calls! I've set up Owen's hearing test for the end of this month and called the Infant and Toddler Program (in true government office fashion I got voice mail and no return call yet). So we'll just take it one day at a time from here and try not to get too crazy with worry!

One of Owen's favorite new games is playing peek-a-boo with the kitchen curtains; I know the pics look similar but they were all so cute I couldn't choose just one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen is, as you said Jodi, unique, you can see this in his eyes. He hears, responds, and loves every word you say. Like his Daddy at 18 months, said "what is that?", I thought WOW, he's finally putting a couple words together. With great anticipation for what would be said next... I spent the next year answering the question "What is that?", with no additional words or phrases. Then we reversed roles and he started telling me "what everything was/ should be!" Owen is and will be just fine. Love you all, Nanny

Anonymous said...

Hey, Owen is smiling in photos! I'm sure he is going to do great in all the testing.

Love,
Kris

The Kieffers said...

Jodi be careful what you wish for. Rhys is talking and repeating everything. Like when we get in traffic he says" come on people let's go!" and "Oh Crap". Yes he does say a lot of other things like "what's that" fifty million times over and "No Rhyse No". I am sure Owen will talk when he is ready and seriously enjoy the quiet for now because it won't last much longer.

Best Wishes,
Le Anne

PS But I do believe if you as a parent feel there is a need for futher testing then go for it.