January 7, 2008

Monday Ramblings






One of these days very soon, a post will appear with all shots of the back of Owen's head, half his face, a close up of a book, and a super close up of his finger; because lately that's what I seem to get when trying to take his picture! Owen is definitely on the move, all the time.

We too were on the move again this past weekend, traveling to PA for Uncle Rich and Aunt Cathy's party, where we got to visit with family and meet some blog fans. Owen enjoyed playing with my cousin's almost one year old son Cole; and Emily, a very stylish nine year old who already owns a Vera Bradley purse, happily posed with my VB diaper bag and entertained us all with her mind-reading abilities.

Today was our second post placement visit with our social worker Anne and I'm happy to report that Owen was his usual charming self and Anne commented several times on his positive attachment to us, amazing attention span, great motor skills, and happy disposition.

Tomorrow we have his 18 month check-up, which I'm sure will send me spiraling back into mommy crisis mode and will probably result in trying to teach him how to do cartwheels or say the Pledge of Allegiance. Yes, Bob thinks I'm crazy, but in my defense, I'm a Kaufmann ... and along with a fierce competitive streak, good hair, and a major sweet tooth, I inherited a supreme worry gene!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um...I think that worry gene might be a Pisle trait. It's definitely on this side of the family tree as well. *glancing over at my mom*
Great news on the Social Worker visit. Did Owen impress her with his ability to walk backward? He is such a sweet boy. Give him hugs from us and Happy New Year to you all!
Love, Bren

Anonymous said...

Great post! Still laughing.....and yes, you do have good hair!!!

Hugs,

GiGi

Kim said...

Don't let those docs get to you! You are an amazing mom and doing a fantastic job. I'll be anxious for your next update, I know what it's like when that Kaufmann worry gene kicks into overdrive!!! :) Hope you are all feeling well and enjoying the New Year!!! Hope to talk soon!
Love,
Kim