February 6, 2008

Our Little, But Well-Balanced, Engineer


A quick update on Owen's journey through the Infants and Toddler's Program ... he had his motor skills and cognitive thinking assessment last week and tested at 22-24 months in both areas! The educator, who I really liked, noted that he definitely studies everything very carefully and thoughtfully, and commented several times on his sweet personality (and no, that's not the only reason I really liked her!).

His speech assessment is now scheduled for next Friday. I know we won't hear the same praise for that one, but I no longer have any worries about his development - I really do think he will be one of those kids that just start talking one day in complete sentences.

And he obviously understands everything we say - this morning as were getting ready to go to a friend's house I asked him if he was ready to go; he went right to the hall closet, opened the door, and pointed up at his coat (he had no way of knowing that it was 67 degrees outside). Ahh, I love this kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that all is good with Mr. O.

Love,
Kris, Jeff, Sam, Kenzie and ?