May 31, 2009

My Hair Idol and Other Creatures

Owen likes to tell me that my hair is "messy"; I prefer "playfully tousled". Today at the Elioak Petting Zoo I met my hair idol ...


I love this guy!!

The goats, mules, pigs, bunnies and sheep at the farm were all lots of fun too - Owen is fearless when it comes to sticking out his handful of feed to be slobbered on or nibbled (just a bit). He was especially sweet to the little goat kid, trying to interest it in a piece of straw. And despite an avowed dislike of being licked, Cearra joined in for animal snack time - and I think enjoyed it!






Owen's Kazakh horseman roots kicked in as he saddled up on Captain Jack and very calmly took a turn around the ring.



Before heading home we sat a spell in the only kind of teacup Cearra will ever get into and cuddled up with one of the three bears.



What a great day with my prince and princess!

1 comment:

Nanny said...

This entire entry is priceless! What a wonderful day you must have had. Jodi, you could write a children's book and use actual pictures to illustrate. You have no idea how much I enjoy every narrative and picture, whether serious or humorous they help keep me 'connected'. Thanks and Love, Nanny/Mom