November 1, 2009

All Treat, No Tricks





After the Mechem four finished roaming the neighborhood (slightly damp from the rain but in good cheer), Cearra, Owen and I sat comfortably around the kitchen table and partook in that time-honored tradition: sorting though Owen's candy haul looking for the "good" stuff (Reese's - yum!).

I asked Owen if he had fun trick or treating and he replied "I did have fun!", and in his next breath - right before chomping on another Smartie - "Let's do it again!".

Yes, much to this mom's joy, Owen fully embraced Halloween this year. From the day a few weeks ago that we first tried on his chosen pirate costume (and I know I'm biased, but he was the cutest pirate ever!) to him cheerfully ringing doorbells last night, Owen showed black-and-orange spirit. Add in the fact that Cearra came home for the weekend and it was indeed a happy holiday 'round here.


Ahoy mateys!

3 comments:

kris said...

Yeah! I'm so glad to hear that Owen enjoyed his night of trick or treating. He looked adorable, but then you already knew that.

Love,
Kris

Anonymous said...

He is the cutest pirate ever! Looks like you had a great time!
~Bren

Kim said...

He was surely a cutie! (I might be biased, but I sure think we have some of the cutest kids in this neighborhood!)