March 21, 2010

Delivery of the Mantle!

We welcomed Aunt Cathy and Uncle Rich back today for the final mantle fitting ...

Before:


and after!:




Gorgeous! We couldn't be happier (and are pleased to report no blood was shed during this project). Thanks so much Uncle Rich!!

And to my dear cousin Kim, below is a picture of our spare bedroom - I hope you know you are always welcome to visit if reading the blog makes you miss us (or for any reason at all)!


Post note: Rich made sure the mantle is perfectly level; blame the tilting effect in the first after picture on (my) bad camera work!

3 comments:

Nanny said...

The mantle is gorgeous. Rich you are certainly a 'craftsman'... and just love your little 'master' apprentice. I anxiously await your next project? Nanny/Kathie

Maria said...

The mantle looks so nice. I love it.

Anonymous said...

The mantle is gorgeous! I bet my hurricanes would look nice up there ;-) Your guest room looks inviting, I hope to take you up on that invite some day soon. It was great to "see" Uncle Rich & Aunt Cathy. Miss you all. Kim