March 15, 2010

Our Own Handy Manny

I am so very excited - the extremely talented Uncle Rich is working on a new mantel for our fireplace! I've always disliked the slab of wood the builders stuck up there, so when Rich commented that he needed another project (well, I think he commented; it's possible I just forced it on him!) I was quick to suggest this one.

He and Aunt Cathy came down yesterday for a mantel fitting (it's like fireplace couture) and it is absolutely gorgeous. Cannot wait for the finished piece!



A project always goes more smoothly with good help.


Hard work deserves a good nap.


At play with new Legos and Aunt Cathy.

3 comments:

Maureen Powers said...

Finally got caught up on your blog - so great to see that Cearra had a great Spring Break visiting you guys and that Owen is doing awesome! I think it's great that you are getting a new fireplace mantle - I'm sure it will be gorgeous. Hope you had a wonderful birthday earlier this month!

Anonymous said...

Keep giving "Uncle Rich" projects so he gives up the idea that he has to go back to work! Owen looks so cute helping out.
Uncle Bud

Anonymous said...

This makes me miss everyone even more!!! I can't wait to see the finished mantle couture pics. I would hire Uncle Rich and his trusty side kick any day! Kim