June 10, 2011

Why Am I Wearing a Dress?

That was Owen's big question on the day of his Little People's Place graduation. Bob pondered why we actually paid for a cap and gown for a 4 year old, and I'll admit that I initially thought the idea of a preschool graduation ceremony was, well, a bit silly.


But really, how cute is this??



The kids were adorable. They stood relatively fidget-free on stage and sang eleven songs (my personal favorite was "I Like Potatoes").


They then exited briefly and returned wearing their caps, ready to be presented with diplomas by the preschool director Miss Mary. I missed getting a clear picture but I believe Owen was pretending to be a fish as he approached center stage.


Miss Heather and the three amigos!


Afterward we enjoyed cake and juice, and the happiness that comes from watching your child laugh and play with his best buddies.


Proud of our little graduate!

Now ... would anyone like to buy an almost-new cap and gown?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet....I went to my grandson's pre-K graduation ceremony today---that child rocks my world!
Judy R

Courtnay Tyus said...

Oh my goodness!! This is absolutely adorable and Owen is so darned cute!! Congrats!! The years are flying by, Jodi!! I remember (so clearly) meeting you and Bob at the airport when your brought him home!! LOVE the pic of him hugging his buddy!!

Nanny/Mom said...

How precious are these pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful memories. You always 'capture' the 'feelings and fun' of the moment.

He is so dear! love you all, Nanny

Anonymous said...

Dear Jodi,
All of your posts are so very special...capturing so many feelings. This one however, for me, sort of puts Owen on the road of learning about "life"...whether in school or out. It is like a "step" (that the cap and gown represent)...the first of so many. Love, pam

Maria said...

These pics are so adorable The tiny cap and gown are so cute. The start of great things!