November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving in Western Maryland


I don't have a perfect life - who does? But I am oh so thankful for my life! I believe Thanksgiving has become my favorite holiday; mainly because I appreciate the emphasis on family and being grateful for our many blessings, but not least because I don't have to cook or clean a thing!

As we've done for a few years now, we gathered on Thursday at Aunt Pam and Uncle Gene's house in the mountains of West Virginia to enjoy a yummy meal and wonderful company. Bob, Owen and I (Cearra was in Tennessee eagerly awaiting the birth of her niece Virginia, whom arrived on Friday!) spent the day with Nanny, Todd, Maria, Hannah and the rest of Bob's extended family. I am so lucky to be part of this clan - these folks who are not my blood and who did not know me for the first quarter of my life - but who always welcome me with open arms and make me feel comfortable and included.

Hannah and a peek at the lovely view

Uncle Todd trying to figure out the Transformer Aunt Pam gave Owen

We stayed the weekend with Nanny. She took me to a few charming little boutiques for window shopping (nope, we didn't buy!), and Bob joined Alan and Todd at the Fort Hill high school playoff football game. Aunt Maria come over one morning for a casual Bible study, and brought her bird Jade with her. Love that parrotlet ("the tiny parrot with the big personality")! Owen taught Nanny how to play Angry Birds, and Friday night we walked to downtown Cumberland for the Christmas tree lighting where we ran into Santa and a few of his buddies. We enjoyed a visit with Pete and dinner at Bunny's Restaurant too.







A weekend filled with so many of the things I'm thankful for!

1 comment:

Mom/Nanny said...

It certainly was a wonderful, memory filled time. But, now I am concerned about you Jodi, I sure hope and pray you get some relief from your migraine and acid reflux. Both are so painful and uncomfortable by themselves, let alone having to deal with both at the same time. Please take care of yourself!

Love Mom/Nanny