October 22, 2012

Fabulous Fall

Oh, how I love Fall!

This is my favorite tree. It's a big ole' beautiful maple, and each fall it lights itself up with the most brilliant colors. It positively glows at certain times of day. As we drove by today (I'm lucky enough to usually drive by several times a day), Owen said, "I'd like to just sit under your favorite tree and read a book in its shade". Me too! Think the homeowners would mind?


This my favorite "I do". October 19, sixteen years ago. Fall was a very good time to be married.


I love the cooler temperatures of fall, the crisp apples and fresh apple cider, the football games, the colors ... all of it. 

I love taking Owen to our local farm for a bumpy, jumpy hayride to pick our own pumpkins. So many great pumpkins this year - we ended up with quite a few.




That night we told Owen he could pick one gourd to carve ... too bad his pumpkin is feeling a little "green" around the gills!


Cee-cee and Dennis got home from a weekend trip and we chose another fine specimen from the front porch to go under the knife. 

Dennis' first time carving a pumpkin. He did a good job!


Cearra took over for the actual design, with Owen overseeing preparations.


Dennis looks a bit nervous, doesn't he?


Love him!

The finished product ... OK, Baltimorians ... who is it?



No comments: