November 28, 2013

Still Thankful


It has been a hard year.
But I'm still thankful, not just today, this Thanksgiving, but every day.
I'm thankful for friends who rallied around during some of the darkest days; each in their own way providing comfort.
I'm thankful for a husband who stood strong in the face of enormous pressure and held us together, even as his own heart broke.
Thankful for family who never one wavered in their faith and optimism; who provided arms to cry and confide in.
Thankful that my son has come through his own storm and emerged happy and whole.
And thankful that my daughter is choosing every day to rise above; to believe in good over evil; and proving with each moment her grace.
It has been a hard year. 
But we are still standing. We are still blessed. And I am still thankful.

No comments: