September 25, 2010

Hands in the Air

Under yesterday's clear blue skies and autumnal temps of 92 degrees (yep, sarcasm, I'm more than ready for cooler weather) we met up with my friend Kim and her kiddos, Reganne, Mackenzie and Kerri at Westminster's Annual Fall Fest.

It's a downtown carnival, complete with midway games; slightly creaky rides; vendors of everything from cubic zirconia jewelry to Bathtub Fitters; demonstrations by dog trainers, martial art clubs, and local dance studios; and booth upon booth of cotton candy, pork BBQ, french fries, funnel cakes and fresh squeezed lemonade.

Oh, and giant mascots.


The kids all wanted to take a spin on the carousel first ...



followed in quick succession by anything that went round and round.






I always suspected Owen would love rides; our first day in the baby house his caretaker told us that he really enjoyed being tossed in the air. When I asked him last night at bed which was his favorite, he told me the "giant steering wheel". I was stumped for a minute, but then said "Oh, the ferris wheel that Mommy went on with you?". Owen, grinning broadly, said "Yep!".


At the top on the way down - Owen giggled every time we went around!


Our view from the top - I was glad when this ride ended. Have I mentioned I don't really like heights?



He loved the dragon roller coaster too, unloading and running right back to get in line and do it again. Check out the hands in the air!

Hershey Park - here we come!

No comments: