September 30, 2007

A Special Message

To my "anonymous friend of a friend of a friend" ... thank you for your comment! I am honored and touched that our journey has given you (and your friend) hope for your future family. I know I've already said it many times and in many ways, but Owen truly is the best choice we've ever made. Everyday I look into his big brown eyes and my heart overflows with how very much I love him.

International adoption isn't necessarily the easiest path to a child. It's a long, frustrating process which at times can border on overwhelming. It's time-consuming, it's expensive, it's not something everyone agrees with or understands.

But, for me it came down to this: we needed a baby, and in a small town in a country halfway around the world there was a baby who needed a family. You'll know when the time is right for you to take that same leap of faith.

Please let me know how you are doing, or if I can help in any way. Feel free to contact me* at bobjodimd @ yahoo.com (remove spaces). I wish you the strength and confidence to follow your dreams no matter where they lead.

*Nina - it was a wonderful surprise to read your comment! I think of you, Alan and all my Atlantic Group friends often (Hi Isabelle!) and am so glad to hear you are doing well. I hope you will email me too!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To all the blog readers,

I have always known my sister is special and has a great talent for helping people through her actions and words. I know she has always been there for me. It's nice to see and hear that others are finding answers to their questions and thoughts through her writing. It's also nice to hear that other children, so deserving of the love that my nephew receives from my sister and brother-in-law, may soon find their true parents as well.

Kris

Anonymous said...

To Jodi's friend of a friend of a friend...
Jodi is a wonderful person and I am so grateful that I met Jodi through this adoption process. I also struggled with infertility for years and always felt so alone and isolated. But with adoption, we have met so many wonderful people who have become our good friends. Jodi's words are wise and so true. I hope you are able to build your family and when you look into your child's eye (as I do with my son), all those treatments and heartbreak just fade away.
-Susan
Proud Mommy to Jack, and who hopefully will be paperchasing for #2 next year!