November 9, 2007

DejaWool Sweaters for Kids


It started as just a rainy day project for my friend Jill and I, but quickly grew into "DejaWool"!

We purchase old 100% wool sweaters, felt them in a process that involves lots of hot soapy water and high heat, then cut and sew each one to fit a children's size pattern. Next we add grosgrain ribbon on any cut edges, and handsew decorative trims and buttons (some vintage). We like to say we are recycling and refashioning!

As you can see in the pictures (just click on the picture above to see the entire collection) each sweater is unique, and I must say, pretty darn cute. A small fits up to 1 year, medium is 1 to 2 years, and large is 2 to 3 years. All the small sweaters and some of the mediums have snap closures because as moms we know how hard it can be to button up a squirmy baby!

Each sweater sells for $25 plus the cost of your option of shipping methods. If you have any questions or interest (Christmas shopping anyone??) please leave me a comment or email me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I want two of them. This is such a great idea. These are really cute Jodi. I would like one for Sam and one for Kenzie. Should I pick from the pictures? Also, do you need me to be on the look out for any old sweaters at stores.

Love,
Kris

Unknown said...

Jodi, the sweaters are a great idea and they look adorable. Kid's clothes are so cute! I just added a line of onesies with cute sayings about teething to my website. Here's the page: https://www.tuthillo.com/Clothing.php
You should check them out!
Thanks again for all your advice, and for letting me follow your story!

Heather