November 8, 2007

Visiting with the Bornhofts




Owen and I returned home yesterday after a great visit with Amy, Jack and their gang. Owen and Joshua really enjoy playing with each other, and the twins (Madison and Jackson) are getting so big and becoming so much fun. With four kids all under the age of three it's kind of controlled chaos, but at the end of each day, with the kids sleeping peacefully, Amy and I were able to put our feet up, enjoy chocolate chip cookies warm from the oven and catch up on "girl talk". We had a wonderful time. As you can see from the pictures though, it's really (really) tough getting four kids to look at the camera at the same time!!

A note on the newly added Kazakhstan National Anthem ... I saw it on another families blog, and when I played it, Owen stopped what he was doing and came over to the computer to listen. Perhaps each morning at the Children's Hospital started out with a stirring rendition?? I think you can definitely hear that old Soviet influence, but I have to admit it's kind of growing on me. Thanks to Alison for helping post it here.

And of course I have to mention that Bob is now a member of the "40 and Fabulous" club! He was unfortunately out of town for his actual birthday (the 7th) but we'll celebrate with him tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bob!

Sorry you weren't home for the big day, but Jodi and Owen will be celebrating it with you when you do get home.

Isn't 40 the new 20??

Love, Uncle Rich & Aunt Cathy

Anonymous said...

Happy Big 40 Bob!

I hope you all have fun tonight celebrating. I can't believe I missed the chance to get a card that would tease you about it. lol

Love,
Kris, Jeff, Sam & Kenzie

Anonymous said...

Happy 40th Birthday Bob. You don't look a day over 29! Enjoy celebrating with your family. We're thinking of you.
-Susan, Scott and Jack

Anonymous said...

Happy 40th, Bob! I agree with Susan and, Kris, it's not too late for that card! :-)