December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

It has become one of our family traditions to go to my Aunt Cathy and Uncle Rich's house on Christmas Eve to celebrate my mom's birthday and to exchange gifts. This year Bob took a moment to walk Owen into the living room and told him "Two years ago, this is where we announced we were coming to get you!".

Owen may not have understood the significance; but I was especially aware of how long we had waited for this day, and keenly appreciative of how incredible it was. And while I love giving and getting presents, the biggest joys this year were wrapped around Owen ... watching him play with his cousins, seeing his smile as he learned to open his gifts, dressing him in his "big boy" Christmas outfit, and sharing these moments with Bob, my Nana, my parents, my sister, my extended family.

Thanks to one and all who helped make Owen's first Christmas with us very special!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful slide show, any one of the pictures could make a memorable 'Christmas Card'. Christmas is for children, and your home certainly captured the 'spirit'. I even saw a twinkle in the eyes of the adults proving there is a 'child' in all of us.
It's amazing how the love of these little ones overflows into the lives of so many...
Wishing everyone a New Year filled with happiness, good health and continued blessings!

Anonymous said...

Loved the slideshow. Mackenzie was clapping as we watched it. I know the girls had a lot of fun playing with Owen, and of course we all enjoyed getting to spend time with you. May the new year continue to bring good times.

We love you.

Kris, Jeff, Sam, Kenzie and Baby M