November 6, 2008

We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Program ...






I'm a big fan of the TV show "Amazing Race". Love the glimpses into countries and cultures I might never get to see otherwise. So I'm thrilled to announce that, finally, the show is going to Kazakhstan!

On the November 16th episode (CBS, right after 60 Minutes) the pit stop is in Almaty. As you may remember, this former capital city was our starting and departure point on our journey for Owen. And we loved being in Almaty - the Ramstore with its indoor skating rink and Baskin Robbins; plentiful parks and monuments; the mountains; beautiful old buildings and churches; and the famous (at least in adoption circles) Mad Murphy's restaurant.

I can't wait to get another look at a city and country that we will always hold close in our hearts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodi...thank you so much for the heads up. I've put the date on our calendar. It will be so exciting for us to actually see the place that you visited and loved.

We also wish Bob a very happy birthday...thinking of each of you. Love, Pam & Gene

Anonymous said...

Cool...I can't wait to see it. How exciting to get a glimpse of Owen's birth land and a place where you have been.

Also...HAPPY BIRTHDAY PINK BALL!

Love,
Kris

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, these pictures look so familiar... I can't quite figure out why :)
A

Jodi said...

Yes, I did "steal" these gorgeous pictures of Almaty from the outstanding blog of my wonderful, talented, beautiful friend Alison!