February 20, 2011

Tidbits From Our Toddler

I post some of the cute little things Owen says and does on facebook, but as this blog has become more or less his baby book I thought I better capture them here as well.

If you aren't on facebook - or if you are but never check it (hello Aunt Cathy) - I hope you enjoy reading these tidbits. If you've already heard them, well, please enjoy the never before published pics!



****

Bob and I were dressing to go out to dinner last weekend. I put on a nice blouse and Owen said admiringly, "Pretty!".

Awww, that's my sweetie.

Then I put on my pink suede coat, and Owen said (very) enthusiastically, "Mommy, you look like the pink elephant combine!".

(sigh)

****

Last week, Owen separates one tractor from the bunch he's playing with and puts in on the edge of the tub.

"Now, you are in time-out because we do not hit. Do you understand?"

Me: "Uh-oh, is your toy in trouble?"

Owen: "Yes, he was bad."

A few minutes later he retrieves the toy and says "Now say you're sorry. OK, I love you".

Supernanny would be so proud.

****

We went outside last week, and Owen paused in the driveway to take a deep breath in, wrinkling his nose.

"Mommy, what's that smell?"

Me, happily, "That's Spring Owen!"

****




2 comments:

Nanny said...

Owen is just soooo cute and full of personality. What a wonderful post, he is not only cute, he's wise and very smart, and I love him to infinity and beyond! Nanny

Anonymous said...

A common thread in all the pictures of Owen is his very happy face...whatever he's doing, he is always engaged and happy. A delight to see! It puts a smile on my face for sure. Much love, pam