May 11, 2011

WILW

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I so appreciate all your kind comments here and on facebook, and I'm loving that a sweet new friend of mine celebrated her first Mother's Day this year thanks to the blessing of adoption!


I was lucky to spend Sunday with my mom (and dad), and I'm loving that the flowers I ordered for her turned out so cute! I signed the card from their westies Sugar and Nessa too, and I think she really liked it.


In addition to the "gifts" Owen wrapped in bath towels and presented me while I was getting ready on Mother's Day (I got silk flowers from the bathroom, nail clippers, a basket of cars, and several tractors), I'm loving the gorgeous key pendant Bob gave me! Yep, those are white and black diamonds folks - sparkly!

I'm loving too that Cearra called me from New Zealand to wish me a Happy Mother's Day!


I'm loving (probably a bit too much) the whoopie pies that Owen and I made Monday night. Cream cheese and coconut pecan filling. So easy; just broke out the Duncan Hines and followed the instructions my brilliant baking sis posted. Go ahead, check out her blog. It's posted right over there ---->


I'm loving how much this cutie makes me laugh every day!


I'm loving that in a little over a week I'll be swimming with dolphins (!!!), and thanks to this stuff I won't look completely winter white while doing so! It turns me almost the color I use to tan back in my baby oil and tin foil days, and it smells like almonds - one of my favs! Plus it's plant based and not tested on animals.

I will be sure to post about our adventures with Flipper when we get back. Have a great week enjoying old favorites and finding new ones!

2 comments:

Nanny/Mom said...

I am simply loving this gorgeous day, sun, warmth, birds chirping and the smell of spring. I am getting out the potting soil and flowers I just bought to fix my hanging baskets. I feel like a kid again, making a mess, digging in dirt, drinking ice water, and just loving God's creations.

NANA said...

Here we are on another Wed.! I'm loving the beautiful prose you wrote on the blog for Mothers' Day, Jodi. Like Nanny, I am loving this wonderful Spring weather we have had all week. Everything looks so colorful and bright. On the more practical side, I am loving my new hair cut and color and the fact that Dad and his buddies are getting out to the golf course this afternoon. I am especially thankful for all the new friends we have made since our move to Gettysburg and happy that two of the women are coming to share dinner and knitting advice this evening while the guys are at the local brewery for dinner! Isn't it funny how such seemingly small things can make a person happy and loving life!!!!! As always I am loving my husband, my daughters, my sons-in-law and those special grandkids. Life is good!