February 29, 2012

WILW - It's A Long and Happy One Today!

I'm loving that last Saturday, I was sitting next to my husband, watching our son cheer for his favorite monster trucks with a look of awe and excitement on his face, while our daughter sat on the other side holding hands with a boy (well, young man) who has brought much happiness back into her life. Last Saturday was also the day 14 years ago that a surgeon called to tell me I had breast cancer.


So what I'm especially loving today is that I didn't even realize this "anniversary" until a doctor's visit (for an unrelated, non-scary issue) on Monday. And I will never stop loving the fact that I was lucky to have great doctors to treat me, wonderful family and friends to support me, and an almighty God to watch over me and give me the opportunity to go on to live an amazing life filled with joy and good things. And you know what? I AM a warrior!

Onward to some other things I'm loving today (check out this list of other WILWers too!) ...

A fuzzy new bud on my favorite Bradford pear tree! I nursed this baby to life from a little stick that came in the mail from the Arbor Day Foundation and now it's glorious!


Oh these earrings ... the juicy colors, yummy stones, almost good enough to eat!


Even though I know it's kind of wrong, I'm loving Owen's laughter over this little duck that, um, "lays candy eggs". I mean come on, he thinks it's hysterical and hearing his hysterical laugh is priceless!


I'm loving my slightly early birthday present from my mom and dad - my new chubby little dolphin bead! Doesn't he look adorable nestled up to my July babies birthday bead? I think it's so special too that they gave it to me since they are also the ones who made my dream of swimming with dolphins come true. Thank you Mom and Dad!


I'm loving Owen's first love note! He came home with this in his book bag last Thursday. I asked him if Ryley gave these to anyone else, he said no. And while he didn't seem particularly wowed by the drawing of then holding hands, or the little sticker hearts, I will keep this forever!!


I'm loving these new Tom's shoes for Spring. The little toggle detail in the back - awesome. Even more awesome - buy a pair of Tom's shoes, and the company gives a pair of shoes to a child in need, Win-win, right? Yep, go here.


Today, I've saved the best for last, 'cause I am beyond loving that Cearra has been invited to join Sigma Beta Delta!! She did it! She set this as a goal and she worked her tail off to get there. We are so very proud of her and her academic achievements at Mary Baldwin. Cearra, you shine!

2 comments:

allie-mac-fallie said...

i loove those new toms and that sweet love note! can't wait till our little girl can write love notes :)

NANA said...

Hi Jodi,
Love that you are keeping up on the blog a lot lately. Love the updates on the kids. Yeah, Cearra! Hey, where did you see those earrings? Love them! Thanks for helping us to keep in mind the wonderful things around us and how blessed we are. MOM