April 8, 2011

Tube Sock Troubles

This is what happens when you have a smallish 4-year old wearing a biggish t-ball uniform, and a newbie baseball Mom who has no clue what to do with the socks:


I know it's not a great picture, but trust me, his purple tube socks were well over his knees and bumpy in strange places. After much tucking and fussing, I managed to get this:


Of course, once we got to picture night and Owen saw that all of his teammates wore their pants over their socks, it all became for naught. But at least he's excited to be #3 on the Westminster Optimist Little League Rockies!

1 comment:

Nanny said...

Oh, my gosh, I love these pictures and understand your issues dressing a small, ball player. Sure does stir up old memories. I use to tuck, sew, roll, pin and even dye other pants to match, to make the perfect 'looking' player! It's a long and winding 'sports' road ahead of you... so keep the camera close, along with a little sewing basket, and of course keep smiling. Lots of love, Nanny