April 30, 2011

Play Ball!

Finally ... Owen's first t-ball game!

We got up early (some of us more enthusiastically than others) to be in time for his 9:00am game against the Phillies at Westminster's City Park.

Decked out in his Rockies purple jersey and hat, Owen had a good game. Hit the ball well in all three at-bats, ran to the right bases in the correct order, and somewhat paid attention in the field. Most importantly, he had fun ... and got cookies, apple slices and a juice box as an after-game snack (ask Cearra: the snack is really what determines the winner).


In the "dugout" with his team.


Next up to bat.


Slugger!


Coming home to a high-five from Coach Scott.


Looking somewhat ready in right field.


So cute!

2 comments:

Pop Pop said...

Well, it looks like right field is fully covered by a real baseball player.

Sorry we had to miss the game today

Nanny said...

These pictures are so 'cute', but, I guess I should say so 'sporty', whatever, they are keepers and 'memory joggers' for me. They send me right to my old scrapbooks of Bobby and Todd. I will send you some 'oldies' later.
He looks so good, and he really looks like he knows what to do and how to do it.
My question to you Jodi, are you a quiet fan in the stands or do you engage in 'loud' support? I'd also like to see a picture of you when your 'little man' is up to bat. As always thank you for keeping us all in your dugout. Lots of love (and homeruns), Nanny