April 27, 2011

WILW

First, I am loving all your comments on WILW! I love that my little weekly post has inspired you to, as Pam so beautifully wrote, "view life with all it's blessings with a sharper sense".

One of the character traits I most admire and strive for is gratitude. We all sometimes find ourselves in a glum mood, or feeling a bit down. Some days it seems that things just aren't going our way. I am trying to be positive in the face of anything that comes my way, and I've found that taking a few moments daily to recognize the places, people and things (be they big or little) that I'm loving helps me do so.

So thanks for playing along ... let's get started!


I'm loving all the flowers I've planted in our four flower beds over the past few days! To be honest I haven't liked gardening in the past, but this year it feels like creating something beautiful more than drudgery. Oh, and I'm loving that gorgeous Bradford pear tree in the pic, especially since I grew it myself from a little twig!


I'm loving that my wonderful cousin Kim is playing along! And p.s., those clean dogs of hers are adorable - Pam, she's another Westie parent! Now, Kim once commented they she preferred to be behind a camera (although I don't know why because she is beautiful!), so for her shout-out here I'm posting a picture of one of my favorite pieces of her jewelry. You can visit her online shop at The Beaded Dragonfly to see more of her gorgeous work.


I'm loving that one of my favorite charities, Two Hearts for Hope, is now going to be helping orphans in Russia as well as Kazakhstan! They offer an opportunity to impact a child's life in a very real and immediate way. A link to their site is always on the side bar over there, and right now for a mere $10 you can bring a little joy to an orphans life!


I'm loving that Cearra is in Auckland, New Zealand! I'm so happy that she has this opportunity to travel and experience new things. Looking forward to hearing all her stories and seeing her pictures when she gets home.


I'm loving how sweet our Owen (err, Sean) is ... yesterday I told him I wasn't feeling good, and he said I could have one of his "feel betters" because he has 12 of them. How cute is that?!

Looking forward to reading what you are loving this Wednesday! Have a positive one!

2 comments:

Nanny said...

What I'm loving today... I was able to help Maria today and spend some time with my sister Pam (and her new puppy, Maggie May and her 3 cats)...
I am loving the warm breeze blowing through my windows. I am loving the hanging strawberry plant Allen gave me.
Today it just seems there are so many things to be thankful for I will just have to say, I am thankful to God for all of today's blessings.
Love, Mom/Nanny

NANA said...

Well, I am a little bit out-of-sorts today. Perhaps Owen/Sean will share one of his 12 "feel betters" with his Nana. BUT, Spring really feels like it has arrived and I'm loving that. I'm loving the pansies and snapdragons my helpful husband planted in pots around the house. Such nice color!
And I am loving the greetings from my friends here at the Preserves that I received upon returning home last evening from helping Kris after her emergency gall bladder operation. She is doing well, thank goodness. I am thankful for my beautiful home and my wonderful spouse who kept the house looking great while I was away. Love, Hannah