March 30, 2011

WILW

I'd like to be able to tell you I'm loving some glorious Spring weather, but the groundhog must have been a little confused this year because it's still cold here! I imagine the robins are all looking at each other, thinking "who's idea was it to come back here so soon!".

Anyway, there's still plenty of good stuff to love ... here a few from this week!


I'm loving that we have friends that like to come over and play cards, and I'm loving that Owen has such a wonderful time playing with their kids! Exhibit 1 - this picture taken by Grace of her sister Avery and Owen. They're probably singing "Monkeys Jumping on the Bed".


I'm loving that my parents came down last week and we went out to lunch and did a little shopping. I'm loving that we went to Pier 1, where all the Easter and Spring stuff was so cute. Isn't this bunny adorable?


I'm loving the smell of Bath & Body Works' Green Apple Foaming Soap. It reminds me of Kazakhstan as it has the same scent as the dish detergent we used there. Believe me, a baby + 2 cooking pots + three forks + no dishwasher = we went through a lot of that dish detergent.


I'm loving this recipe for Chicken Casablanca. I'm not the world's greatest cook, and I actually don't like following recipes, but this stuff is yummy (and low-fat, low-cholesterol and high in fiber). My italics below.

2 large onions, sliced (or however much you want!)
1 tsp ground ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp canola oil
3 large carrots, diced (I just cut up some baby carrots until the pile looks big enough)
2 large potatoes, unpeeled, diced
3 lbs skinless chicken pieces (I don't like chicken pieces, I use breasts)
1/2 tsp ground cumin (I double)
1/2 tsp salt (double)
1/2 tsp pepper (double)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (yep, double)
2 tbsp raisins (I just used two of the boxes, not the mini size the other individual size box)
14.5 oz can chopped tomatoes (I used petite diced because Bob doesn't like big chunks of cooked tomato)
3 small zucchini, sliced
15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained (reminds me of my Nana every time!)

Saute onion, ginger, and garlic in oil. Put in slow cooker. Saute carrots and potatoes in oil (you may need to add a little more). Put in slow cooker. Brown chicken over medium heat in oil. Place in slow cooker and mix with veggies. Combine seasonings in separate bowl. Sprinkle over chicken and veggies. Add raisins and tomatoes. Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours. Add sliced zucchini and beans 30 minutes before serving. Serve over cooked rice (I use brown) or couscous.


I'm loving washing my face with L'Oreal's Go 360 Clean face cleanser. The little "scrublet" things makes me feel like I'm really going after that dirt and oil, plus it's oddly fun!

Hope you all are finding lots of things to love this Wednesday and everyday!

2 comments:

Nanny said...

Well my dreary Wednesday is being brightened by Hannah (my granddaughter) who is here for the day. She has a cold and couldn't go to school, and Maria had other obligations (in her new car)... so Hannah is enjoying being spoiled by Nanny, Nanny is enjoying spoiling her and Maria is loving her new car.
Also, I received my order of 'Pins for Japan', they are lovely and I can't wait to deliver them.

Love looking for the 'sunshine' that lies within... thanks Jodi. Love Nanny

Grumpy NANA said...

Okay, so I am having a hard time THIS Wed. because of a sinus infection and the lousy groundhog we rudely pull out of his hole every March! Had high hopes for Spring this year!

Okay, let's start over! I'm loving my two incredible, lovely daughters who are amazing Mothers, and citizens. Jodi set me on this "loving Wed." path and Kris is volunteering as a helper in Samantha's class today.

I'm loving the new group of women with whom I have become friends here at the Preserves. They come from several different states, different occupations and with different interests.

And I am loving my husband who took his time today to go to Washington to support a group working to help ex-Bell/Verizon people keep their pensions and health benefits which they were promised years ago while working in an industry that didn't pay the big bucks to most of their employees in lieu of above benefits.

COME ON WARM WEATHER!!!!